This Policy was last updated October 23, 2020.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise your rights and choices, please contact us as set out in the “Contact Us” section.
Information Collection and Use
This section will discuss what type of information is collection. This includes categories of information that (1) you provide to us directly, (2) is collected by us automatically, and (3) we receive from third-party sources.
1. Information You Provide Directly to Us
You can browse our site without providing personal information, but you must register in order to access most of the features of Service. Certain personal information—such as a user name, email address—are required to create an account. Currently, your email address is used as a search key for other users to be able to find you. Similarly, should you choose to engage in messaging through the Service, the contents of such messages may be processed and saved by us. You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
The following are categories of information we collect and have collected directly from you:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, email address, postal address, and phone number
- Account Credentials, including your username, password, password hints, and information for authentication and account access.
- Demographic Data, including your age, gender, and country.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support), messages sent to others, calendar event data, or publicly posted on the Service (such as in your public profile, in reviews, and comments). We also collect content within any messages you exchange with other users through the Service (such as if you use our chat functionalities).
- Personal Contacts Data, including the first and last name, email address, and phone number of your personal contacts. We collect data about your contacts with your consent and in order to fulfill a request by you, such as finding your contacts on the Service or inviting your contacts to join the Service. Such functionality is only intended for U.S. residents. By using this functionality, you acknowledge and agree that both you and your contacts are based in the U.S. and that you have your contacts’ consent for us to use their contact information to fulfill your request.
You may choose to voluntarily provide other information to us, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
2. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, we automatically collect information when you use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect and have collected includes:
- Service Use Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, chats and events you view, the time of day you browse, and your referring and exiting pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, your device's operating software, your internet service provider, your device's regional and language settings, and device identifiers such as IP address and Ad Id.
- Location Data, including imprecise location data (such as location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level) and, with your consent, precise location data (such as latitude/longitude data).
We use various current - and later - developed tracking technologies to automatically collect information when you use the Service, including the following:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, which are small data files stored on your device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate our website and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help with personalizing your experience, remembering your preferences, and supporting security features. Persistent cookies may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and generally may be controlled through your browser settings.
- App Technologies, which are technologies included in our apps that are not browser-based like cookies and cannot be controlled by browser settings. For example, our apps may include SDKs (Software Developer Kits) that sends information about your use to a server. These SDKs allow us track our conversions and provide you with additional functionality, such as the ability to connect our Service with your social media account.
- Location-Identifying Technologies, which are technologies used to collect your location. For example, GPS, WiFi, and Bluetooth may be used to collect precise location data when you consent to precise location tracking through our apps. Location data may be used for purposes such as verifying your device’s location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on that location.
3. Information From Other Sources
We also collect information from other sources. The categories of sources we collect information, include:
- Social networks when you engage with our content, reference our Service, or grant us permission to access information from the social networks.
- Publicly-available sources, including data in the public domain.
Use of Information
This section discusses how collected information is used by CaughtUp.
We collect this information for a number of business purposes including to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and notifications.
The categories with respect to our business purposes for using information, include:
- Operate and manage our Service, including your registration and account.
- Perform services requested by you, such as respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service.
- Sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages.
- Preventing and addressing fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm.
- Monitoring and analyzing trends, usage, and activities.
- Conducting research, including focus groups and surveys.
- Improving the Service or other CaughtUp websites, apps, marketing efforts, products, and services.
- Developing and sending you direct marketing, including advertisements and communications about our and other entities' products, offers, promotions, rewards, events, and services.
- Sending you advertising.
- Fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your notice and/or consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Sharing of Information
This section explains our sharing practices with respect to information collected.
- Service Providers. We share information with entities that process information on our behalf for our business purposes. Service providers assist us with services such as payment processing, chat functionality, data analytics, marketing and advertising, website hosting, and technical support. We may permit our service providers to use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Vendors and Other Parties. We share information with vendors for business and commercial purposes, including analytics and advertising technology companies. Vendors may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the “Analytics and Advertising” section below.
- Affiliates. We share information with our related entities including our parent and sister companies for business purposes such as customer support, marketing, and technical operations. We also may share information with affiliates for commercial purposes.
- Public Information. We share information you make public through the Service, such as information in your profile or other public sections of the Service. Please think carefully before making information public as you are solely responsible for any information you make public. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information, subject to additional rights set out in the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Merger or Acquisition. We share information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another business.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We share information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also share information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service or anyone else.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on the Service.
- Consent. We share information with notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may share information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
Social Media and Technology Integrations
We offer parts of our Service through websites, platforms, and services operated or controlled by separate entities. In addition, we integrate technologies operated or controlled by separate entities into parts of our Service. Some examples include:
- Links. Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Service that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your account through social media. If you choose to engage with such integration, we may receive information from the social network that you have authorized to share with us. Please note that the social network may independently collect information about you through the integration.
Analytics and Advertising
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service. In addition, we work with agencies, advertisers, ad networks, and other technology services to place ads about our products and services on other websites and services. For example, we may place ads through Google and Facebook that you may view on their platforms as well as on other websites and services.
As part of this process, we may incorporate tracking technologies into our own Service (including our website and emails) as well as into our ads displayed on other websites and services. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use, and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you (“Interest-based Advertising”).
Your Rights and Choices
You have rights and choices with respect to information that relates to you, however such rights will vary depending on the category of information, and the subsequent use of such information. This section further describes your rights.
1. Account Information
- You may access, update, or remove certain information that you have provided to us through your account by notifying us via the email you used to create the account. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
2. Tracking Technology Choices
- Cookies and Pixels. Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals. For more information on “Do Not Track,” visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
- App and Location Technologies. You can stop all collection of information via an app by uninstalling the app. You can stop all collection of precise location data through an app by uninstalling the app or withdrawing your consent through your device settings.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
3. Analytics and Interest-Based Advertising.
Google provides tools to allow you to opt out of the use of certain information collected by Google Analytics at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network at https://www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/.
- E-mails. You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in emails to click on the unsubscribe link. Please note that you cannot opt-out of non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
- Push Notifications. If you have opted-in to receive push notifications on your device, you can opt-out at any time by uninstalling our app.
Please note that your opt out is limited to the email address and device used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions.
Our Service is generally not directed at children under the age of 16 and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information (as defined by the U.S. Children's Privacy Protection Act, or “COPPA”) from anyone under the age of 13 in a manner not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe we have collected information from your child in a manner not permitted by law, please contact us through our Help Center. We will remove the data to the extent required by applicable law.
CaughtUp uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards designed to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Service. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to investigate the situation, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations, and take other steps as appropriate. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of third party sites and services that you add to the CaughtUp Service, such as social networks. CaughtUp is not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Links to Other Websites and Services
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us. If you follow a link to any of these locations, please note that these locations have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those locations.